Study in poland Why study in Poland 2021?

The Polish university education system has a 650-year history of high-profile training professionals. It turned out to be a profit not only for Poland but also for many countries worldwide, where the Poles brought their professionalism and spirit of innovation. Want some examples? Ignacy Domeyko established geology research in 19th century Chile. Between 1872 and 1876, Ernest Malinowski built the tallest railway in the world, located in Peru. Bronislaw Malinowski was the creator of modern anthropology. Ten Nobel Prizes were awarded to Polish artists, scientists, and other public figures. Maria Sklodowska-Curie is just one of four laureates to receive an award twice.

Poles have cultivated academic traditions since the 14th century. The Jagiellonian University in Krakow was established in 1364 as the second university in Central Europe. Polish universities today continue the glorious traditions of their predecessors. The University of Warsaw, for example, was ranked first in the international IT ranking.

There are Polish experts from all professions as they are highly appreciated by recruiters all over the world. Especially Polish doctors, engineers, architects, and IT specialists are acclaimed, but other Polish graduates are also considered fully prepared to compete in a global job market.

The system’s quality is guaranteed by the State Accreditation Committee, which monitors all Polish higher education institutions.

For the low cost of studying and living

Although Poland has undergone a process of rapid economic development, the cost of living is still significantly lower than in most EU countries. The total amount of 200 to 400 euros is enough to cover the basic cost of accommodation, food, and transport. The cost of entertainment and participation in cultural events is also much lower than the EU average. The basic cost of studies is also very competitive. The minimum fee is two thousand euros a year, which is sometimes lower than the EU average.

For rapid economic development

Over the past 20 years, the Polish economy has been significantly growing. According to data from the Central Statistical Service, the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2008 ways, in real terms, was 4.8% higher than in 2007. In 2007, GDP registered 6.7% growth. The growth rate of value-added for the economy in 2008 was 4.9% (6.6% in 2007). The level of unemployment decreases very quickly, falling from almost 20% in 2004 to 9.5% in 2009.

For the highest level of personal safety

And despite the popular image, Poland is much safer than most European countries. Even Nordic countries, considered to be very safe, have a much higher crime rate than Poland. It is perfectly safe for international students of all ethnicities, beliefs, and backgrounds.

For exceptional culture and entertainment offering

Polish culture is well known around the world, both in historical heritage and in current achievements. Five Polish writers were awarded the Nobel Prize. Historical composers like Karol Szymanowski, Fryderyk Chopin and Ignacy Paderewski, and current ones like Henryk Górecki, Witold Lutoslawski or Penderecki Krzysztof have written new chapters in the history of music. Oscar winners Andrzej Wajda, Janusz Kaminski and Roman Polanski, Palme d’Or winner Krzysztof Kieslowski and many artists from other film industries are recognized around the world. Poles have cultural institutions to provide high-quality entertainment for all tastes. The number of festivals, book fairs, concerts, concerts, and other types of entertainment is enormous. There’s also something for fans of the sport.

Questions answers

What do I need to apply?

To qualify, all international applicants must first meet the minimum requirements for entry into higher education in their own country, have a certificate of enrollment or equivalent document; command of English (at least at an intermediate level) is also required.

Some arts, physical education departments, and the like that prepare students for the teaching profession organize additional aptitude tests.

Since Poland ratified the Lisbon Convention on Degree Recognition in 2004, recognition of Polish diplomas has become easier abroad. For information on diploma recognition, visit

Studying in Poland: How much does it cost?

In Poland, full-time education at public higher education institutions is free for Polish citizens. It is also free for foreigners to start studies at state higher education institutions under terms applicable to Polish citizens. All other foreigners are required to pay tuition fees of no less than an equivalent of PLN:

2000 euros per year for higher professional studies, masters and postgraduate masters courses;

3000 euros per year for postgraduate, doctoral, and specialization and scientific courses, specialists, artistic and qualification internships;

3000 euros per year for vocational training and apprenticeship courses;

Two thousand euros per year for a language course, including a course in preparation for studying Polish.

In duly justified cases, the dean of the higher education institution may reduce the enrollment fee or withdraw completely at the student’s request.

Do I need to speak fluent Polish?

You don’t have to because universities offer a wide variety of study programs in English. However, you can learn Polish either for private daily use for as long as you stay in Poland or for joining a university course in Polish. Information about Polish language certificates is provided by the State Commission for Certification of Mastery of Polish as a Foreign Language ( ).

Do I need a visa? If yes, how can I request one?

In EU/EEA, students do not need any other Polish visa. However, they must apply for a temporary residence permit on arrival in Poland if staying in the country longer than 90 days.

Outside the EU/EEA, students must arrive in Poland on a student visa obtained from a Polish embassy or consulate in their country of residence. It is important to remember that visas are granted for a maximum period of three months. To extend the stay in Poland, it is necessary to apply for a residence permit for a specified period at the city office 45 days before the visa expiration date. For students who need further assistance, they should contact their university’s International Relations Office.

More practical information on ​​going to Poland, legalizing your stay, medical care, insurance, driving license, addresses of diplomatic missions in Poland are available at (Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs).

And health insurance?

Medical care in Poland is not free. Health insurance is mandatory for all students for the entire period of their stay in Poland. Students from non-EU/EEA countries are recommended to purchase medical insurance in their home country or immediately upon their arrival in Poland. Otherwise, students are required to pay for any health services they receive. International students are also advised to purchase liability and accident insurance.

EU citizens staying in Poland are eligible for free healthcare provided they present their European Health Insurance Card (CESD).

EU citizens who do not have insurance in their country of residence and non-EU citizens can sign the insurance contract with the National Health Fund (NFZ – Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia) and buy insurance for the monthly fee 40 PLN.

Citizens under bilateral agreements or citizens of the UK, Sweden, and Slovakia are entitled to free medical care. Under an agreement with the Czech Republic, students are entitled to necessary medical assistance in sudden illness or accident. More information can be found on the National Health Fund website:

Can I apply for a scholarship?

All international students can apply for scholarships under bilateral direct cooperation agreements offered through the Bureau of Academic Recognition and International Exchange ( ).

Scholarships for European Union students are offered under the Socrates / Erasmus program ( Additionally, university scholarships are available for academic excellence.

How do I find accommodation?

Most Polish universities can provide accommodation for international students in their dormitory rooms, but the number of rooms is limited. The university must help students find suitable accommodation.

How much money do I need to live in Poland?

Depending on your situation, lifestyle and habits, you may have different needs. In practice, you will need at least 1200-2500 PLN per month docent accommodation costs, pay focal transport, and even go occasionally. This amount must cover the cost of rent, food, clothing, personal care, local transport, study materials, telephone, and other expenses – but not the tuition fee.

A rough calculation of your monthly expenses: accommodation in student dormitories costs 400-600 PLN, shared apartment 1000-1600 PLN per month; food around 500-700 PLN, books and entertainment around 200-300 PLN; local transport about 65 PLN.

The official Polish currency is zloty (PLN).

Current exchange rates:

You can get more information on the websites below:

University studies in Poland

What are the types of studies in Poland?

Ministerstwo Edukacji Narodowej

Study in Poland

You May Also Like

About the Author: medicaluniversitypoland007

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *