Top 5 Best Countries to Study MS Abroad With Highest Value
Pursuing a Master’s degree from abroad and that too from a reputed international institution such as MIT in USA or CMU holds major value when it is accompanied by international work experience. Each country has its own advantages. These best counties for Masters are all QS-ranked, offer widely recognized academics, etc So if you’re on the lookout for which country is best for MS for Indian students here are a few that have excellent universities to study MS programs. Fulfil your study abroad dream!
Get all your questions answered –
Wondering which country is best for MS abroad after Engineering?
When you study in a new country, you learn new life skills, adapt to a different culture and cgrow as an individual. Indian students especially can find multiple best country for Masters for Indian students where acquiring transferable skill sets, specialist knowledge and earning potential is a true personal wealth to capitalize on. Thus the decision to study in the best country for Masters should be chosen wisely.
Best country to study MS for Indian students?
There are many best country for MS in Mechanical Engineering and other masters programs. Best countries to study MS and top universities along with programs offered are described precisely below.
Study Masters Abroad
United States (USA)
USA has always been the best and favourite study abroad destination for pursuing Masters. USA colleges provide quality education, flexibility, internships, variety of education options, funding, etc. Students who fall under the “STEM” i.e Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths Programs get a 3 Year OPT period to work and recover their expenses they have incurred during studies within this period as the Return on Investment is faster as compared to any other country. He has not stopped the H1B Visas for potential students who go to USA for higher education. Approx Expenses in USA: INR 30-40 Lakhs (Tuition and Living Expenses) for 2 Yrs. A student’s starting salary would be approx USD 70000 – 100000.
Top Universities for MS in the USA:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Stanford University
- Carnegie Mellon University (CMU)
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- University of California – Berkeley
Top Courses offered in the USA
- Masters in Business Administration: MBA in USA is one of the most popular courses pursued by international students. Harvard University, MA and Stanford University, CA are considered to be the top universities that offer specializations into Business Administration.
- Engineering: Computer Science, Electronics, Chemical and Civil & Structural Engineering are the most popular engineering courses being pursued in the USA. Currently, the top universities offering them are, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Stanford University.
In this video you will learn about some of the best universities in the US for MS according to specific states!
United Kingdom (UK)
Master courses duration in the UK are shorter than other countries, it only takes 1 year as compared to other countries without compromising the quality of education. Students can specialize in their field right from the beginning. It houses two of the worlds most famous universities in Oxford and Cambridge, as such degrees secured here are recognized and respected world over. UK comes in 2nd position after the USA for the highest number of universities and if you do your MS from the UK then you will save your time and money spent on tuition fees.
However, looking at the current work scenario many students currently do not opt for UK as there are few opportunities for a student to work in the country after their Degrees are over. But if you’re looking at quality education, UK is one of the countries that one can opt for. Approx Expenses in UK: Rs. 22 – 28 Lakhs (Tuition and Living Expenses) per year.
Top Universities in UK for MS
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- University of Edinburgh
- Imperial College London
Top Courses offered in UK
- Masters in Business Administration: Currently being one of the most sought after courses in the UK, MBA is the top choice for students pursuing their masters in the UK. At present the best universities offering them are Oxford and Cambridge, which are recognized and respected world over.
- Natural Sciences: Emerging as one of the top choices as far as pursuing Masters are concerned, Natural Sciences is gaining prominence amongst international students in the UK. Currently the top universities offering them are Oxford and Cambridge.
Australia has always been one of the best countries for MS abroad and it’s been the magnet for thousands of ambitious students around the world. As per a recent study, 7 out of the 100 top universities of the world are in Australia due to the quality of education being provided and its vast variety of courses. Australian degrees can be divided into Professional Development Masters, Professional Masters and Traditional Academic Masters. Professional Development Masters degrees offer opportunities to specialize in a particular area. Like UK, Australia also accepts 15 Yrs of Education and only the IELTS / PTE exams are required. Students don’t need to give GRE exams. It pulls students who are interested to settle in Australia as Australian Permanent Residency (PR), which is the fastest as compared to all countries across the world. A student who studies for a 2 Yrs Master’s Degree in the Country avails of a 2 Yr stay back option of working, providing students with an opportunity to apply for PR and get hands on experience in the International Markets. Approx Expenses in Australia: Rs. 25 – 35 Lakhs (Tuition and Living Expenses) for 2 Yrs. A student’s starting salary would be approx AUD 70000.
Top Universities in Australia for MS
- University of Melbourne
- University of New South Wales, Sydney
- Australian National University
- University of Sydney
Top Courses offered in Australia:
- Masters in Business Administration: MBA is considered the top course for students wanting to pursue a Masters in Australia. An MBA is considered an umbrella course as it covers multiple domains such as Finance, Marketing etc. Currently the top universities offering them are Melbourne Business School and Australian Graduate School of Management.
- Engineering: Always being one of the favourite specializations amongst international students, Masters into Civil, Mechanical and Electrical engineering have only gained prestige over the years. The top universities offering specializations into Engineering in Australia are the University of Melbourne and University of South Wales.
Canada offers an affordable education. The quality of living standards and MS in Canada are amongst the highest in the world, but the cost of living and tuition fees for international students are generally lower than in other countries such as the USA, UK and Australia. GRE is not mandatory but highly recommended for Top Universities. Only the IELTS exams are required. Canada education is divided into two groups: Graduate Certificates and Master’s Degree. For Graduate Certificates a student qualifies by holding a Bachelor’s Degree in the same field. These Graduate Certificates are offered by Canadian Govt Colleges and Universities. They are also known to Indians as “PG Diplomas”. These courses offered by colleges are much cheaper with the entry requirements being lower as compared to Universities.
For Master’s Degree, universities require a 16 years of formal education like the USA. Students completing a 1-year program can avail of a 1-year stay back option to work whereas a 2-year program allows of a 3-year stay back option. Canada is in 2nd position in terms of providing Permanent Residency (PR) after Australia. It’s also known as a “Backdoor entry into the US” as after a student gets his PR status he can work in USA. Approx Rs. 16 Lakhs (Tuition and Living Expenses) per yr. A student’s starting salary would be approx CAD 70000. Below are the top universities and Masters programs in Canada for international students.
Top Universities in Canada for MS
- University of Toronto
- The University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- University of Waterloo
- Western University
Top Courses offered in Canada
- Masters in Business Administration: Canada is currently the top choice of international students wanting to pursue their masters abroad due to the lower education cost and student benefits the country offers. MBA is the top choice of students pursuing Masters there, with McGill University and Univeiity of Toronto having the maximum intake.
- Dentistry: Being one of the oldest professions and safest courses pursued in Canada, Masters in Dentistry still continues to be a top choice for international students. Currently the top universities offering specializations into dentistry are University of British Columbia and Univeiity of Toronto.
- Engineering: One of the most common and sought-after courses in Canada which most of the international students opt for is Engineering. Specialzations into Aerospace, Mechanical and Electrical engineering have gained prominence over the years due to the vast career options it offers. At present the University of Tornoto, University of British Coloumbia and University of Waterloo are the top universities offering them.
Germany in recent years has become a major attraction for international students wanting to pursue their higher studies. Unlike other countries, Germany boasts of a vast variety of courses to choose from and internationally recognized university degrees which coupled with a high employability ratio and affordable living standards only adds to its value. At present there are more than 400 institutions offering higher education degrees with more than 14,500 Masters and Bachelors degrees to choose from. The average cost of living could be attributed to around €700-800 which includes rent, food, transport and insurance. As per a recent consensus, more than 357,000 students are currently pursuing their masters in Germany and the number is only increasing yearly. International students wanting to work additionally to support themselves are permitted to 90 full working days and 180 half working days and can earn around an average of 10 to 15 euros per hour. Approx Expenses in Germany: Rs 10. Lakhs (Tution fees + Cost of Living) per year. Studing in Germany gets you well acquainted with their local language (German) which is widely spoken internationally.
Top universities in Germany for MS
- Technical University of Munich
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat München
- Ruprecht-Karls-Universitaet Heidelberg
- Karisruhe Institute of Technology
Top Courses offered in Germany
- Engineering: At present more than 71,000 international students are currently pursuing Engineering courses in Germany. Specializations into Mechanical, Automotive and Electrical Engineering are mostly opted for. Currently the top Universities offering them are the Technical University of Munich and The Technical University of Berlin.
- Masters in Business Administration: Business Management is only second to Engineering as far as pursuing masters degrees are concerned in Germany. At present the top universities offering them are the University of Mannheim and Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat München.
Choose the best from all the options available, with the help from the study abroad experts. Yocket Premium Counseling Services is aimed to help you in your study abroad journey right from choosing which country is best for MS to which courses you should consider to achieve your academic goals. reach your destination. Book a free 15-minute call with one of our counsellors and know how hassle-free your overseas education can be.