Healthcare is one of the fastest-growing industries in the UK. According to NHS Workforce Statistics, there are over 1.4 million employees in the National Health Sector making it one of the largest employers in the country. Due to the increasing spread of the COVID-19 outbreak, healthcare professionals are extensively in demand. If you’re passionate about contributing to people’s lives, take a look at the healthcare courses in the UK, top universities, and the qualifications you need to get started in the healthcare industry!
Why Study Healthcare Courses in UK
Did you know that all citizens in England are entitled to free healthcare and for non-European visitors or undocumented immigrants, treatment in an emergency department and for certain infectious diseases is free. If you want to get international experience, receive top healthcare education, or get hands-on experience with some of the world’s finest cutting-edge healthcare technology, consider studying healthcare courses in the UK:
- Access to Best Healthcare Universities: According to the QS World University Rankings, 70 UK universities are ranked among the world’s best healthcare institutions. You’ll also have the option of attending one of a variety of world-class healthcare institutes, comfortable in the knowledge that your degree will be well-respected wherever you go after graduation.
- Boost Your Employability: Healthcare is one of the quickest growing areas, health courses have good graduate employment rates due to high demand. As people live longer, more people require care and support, so you can be confident that your skills and experience will always be in high demand once you graduate.
- Job Satisfaction: You will automatically feel job satisfaction because each day you work will make such a difference in the lives of so many others. Caring for others and witnessing your patients improve as a result of your hard work and dedication is extremely satisfying and fulfilling.
Also Read: Sandwich Courses in UK
Top Specializations for Healthcare Courses in UK
Universities and Colleges in the UK are offering specialized courses in the following subject areas to pursue your dream career in the healthcare sector.
- Medicine and Health Studies
- Dentistry and Dental Hygiene
- Clinical Medicine
- Complementary Medicines, Therapies and Wellbeing
- Food and Nutrition
- Medical Technology
- Oral Medicine
Must Read: The Top UK Universities Every Football Player Must Check Out!
Top Universities Offering Healthcare Courses in UK
Are you searching for healthcare courses in the UK? Explore the list of top universities in the UK along with their QS World Rankings 2022, and courses options that you can choose that is best for you. Also, you can try our Course Finder tool and select the universities based on your preferences.
|QS World University Rankings 2022||University||Courses Offered||Explore|
|601 – 550||Coventry University||Global Health Care Management MSc;
Health and Social Care Foundation Certificate;
Health and Social Care BA (Hons);
Health and Social Care HNC
|383||University of Kent||Health and Social Care BA (Hons);
Healthcare Management MSc;
Applied Health Research PhD
|202||University of Reading||Physician Associate Studies (MPAS);
MSc/PG Diploma Physician Associate;
Masters in Information Management and Digital Business
|351||Brunel University London||Biomedical Sciences (Human Health) BSc;
Global Challenges (Planetary Health) BASc;
Advanced Clinical Practice MSc;
Environment and Health PhD/MPhil
|117||Queen Mary University London||BSc Medical Education;
BSc Pre-hospital Education;
MA Education for Clinical Contexts
|307||University of East Anglia||International Foundation in Pharmacy, Health and Life Sciences (Extended);
International Foundation in Pharmacy, Health and Life Sciences (Standard);
|439||University of Essex||BSc Health Care Practice;
BA Social Change; MSc Health Care Practice;
PhD Health Studies;
PhD Public Health
|601 – 650||University of Plymouth||Nursing (Adult Health and Child Health);
BSc Nutrition Exercise and Health;
Pgcert Clinical Education
|151||University of York||MSc Development Disorders and Clinical Practice;
MSc Health Research;
PhD in Health Services and Policy
Must Read: MPhil Courses in UK
Coventry University, founded in 1843, is a dynamic and outward-looking institution with a history of excellent teaching, significant research, and innovative international connections. Internationally, the university is known for its expertise in health, peacebuilding, and agroecology, as well as the world-class quality of its engineering and design graduates. Top healthcare courses offered by Coventry are:
- Global Healthcare Management MSc;
- Health and Social Care Foundation Certificate;
- Health and Social Care BA (Hons);
- Health and Social Care HNC
Established in 1966, Brunel University is known for providing cutting-edge research and innovations in a number of areas. Brunel’s department of health sciences conducts teaching and research in several areas of allied health professions, nursing, social work, public health, health promotion, and health economics. Their courses are well-regarded by international students. Below is the list of top healthcare courses offered:
- Biomedical Sciences (Human Health) BSc
- Global Challenges (Planetary Health) BASc
- Advanced Clinical Practice MSc
University of East Anglia
The University of East Anglia, founded in 1963, is a committed, varied, and lively community of staff and students that share a common goal of improving lives in a rapidly changing health environment. For undergraduate and postgraduate education, as well as continuous professional development, our School provides a stimulating and supportive learning environment. Nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, operating room practise, and paramedic science are among the subjects we’ve taught.
Let’s look at the top healthcare courses:
- International Foundation in Pharmacy, Health and Life Sciences (Extended)
- International Foundation in Pharmacy, Health and Life Sciences (Standard)
University of Essex
Established in 1963, the University of Essex, provides undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral-level courses, as well as Continuing Professional Development for people looking to improve their abilities. We are at the forefront of teaching people to address real-world health and social concerns, and we provide courses that both commissioners and industries value.Provided below are healthcare courses offered by the university:
- BSc Health Care Practice
- BA Social Change
- MSc Health Care Practice
- PhD Health Studies
- PhD Public Health
Queen Mary University of London
- BSc Medical Education
- BSc Prehospital Education
- MA Education for Clinical Contexts
Also Read : Why Do Indians Prefer to Study in UK?
Short Healthcare Courses in UK
Below mentioned are the diploma courses in the UK. Individuals looking to pursue enhance their student’s skill set and knowledge which can supplement your careers and education in a diploma program.
|PG Dip International Health Care Management||University of Essex|
|PG Diploma in Health Care Management and Leadership||Westford University College|
|BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care||City and Islington College|
|Health and Social Care Level 2 Diploma||UK Open College|
|Health and Social Care Level 3 Diploma||UK Open College|
Must Read : Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in UK
- For Bachelor Courses, students must have an honours graduate of a clinical or a health/social care related discipline with a 2.2 degree or above recognized from a university or candidates can have an equivalent qualification of health and life sciences.
- For Master Courses, students must have a minimum of an upper second-class honours degree in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, veterinary science, biological sciences or equivalent field of study. Preference will be given to candidates having work experience in public health. In addition, candidates with mathematics and statistics as a module in the undergraduate degree or A-level holder will be also considered.
Must Read: 10 Biggest Culture Shocks in the UK
Apart from fulfilling the admission requirements, candidates need to submit the following support documents for healthcare courses in the UK to complete the application process.
- Official Academic Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- A valid passport
- Passport-size photographs
- A completed application form
- Certificate of extra-curricular activities, social work, volunteer work, etc.
- Work experience or internship letters.
Step 1: Select the University and the Course Specialization
The foremost thing is to select the specialization in healthcare courses and the university you wish to pursue your undergraduate, postgraduate, or PhD. Check all the necessary details including an overview of the course, cost of studying & living, work permit rules, and other important information.
Step 2: Gather All-Academic and Language Requirements
This includes a collection of academic transcripts, proof of English proficiency test scores like TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo, SOP, LOR, UK student visa, copies of passport and degree certificates. However, GMAT is not a mandatory requirement but it is suggested that you appear for the exam. Sign up for Leverage Live, prepare for IELTS and get the top scores to be a part of your chosen university in the UK!
Step 3: Fill and Submit the Application
After collecting all the supporting documents, it’s time to fill up the application form. Fill in all the professional and personal information carefully. Once you have completed the application form, check all the details thoroughly and select a suitable time to submit your saved application.
Step 4: Wait for the Offer or Conditional Letter
Finally, wait for the offer letter from the selected university. The application process takes a few weeks for evaluation. After receiving the offer letter, do the initial research for accommodation, apply for student loans and grants.
Also Read : What are the Requirements to Study in UK
Jobs and Salary Trends
The healthcare sector is a booming industry due to the growing population that will require increasing care with age. So, here are the jobs and salary trends for the Individuals looking forward to serving the nation.
|Job Profile||Salary (in GBP)|
|Dentist||50,000 – 1,10,000 (INR 51 lakhs – 1.13 lakhs)|
|Dietician||24,000 – 44,000 (INR 24 lakhs – 45 lakhs)|
|Healthcare Scientist||60,000 – 80,000 (INR 61 lakhs – 82 lakhs)|
|Hospital Doctor||40,000 – 76,000 (INR 41 lakhs – 78 lakhs)|
|Pathologist||49,000 – 90,000 (INR 50 lakhs – 92 lakhs)|
|Pharmacologist||27,000 – 1,36,000 (INR 27 lakhs – 1.4 lakhs)|
|Research Scientist||25,000 – 40,000 (INR 25 lakhs – 41 lakhs)|
|Toxicologist||30,000 – 75,000 (INR 30 lakhs – 77 lakhs)|
Some of the finest universities offering healthcare courses in UK are still open for admissions! Shortlist your dream university with our Leverage Edu experts for the upcoming intakes! Hurry, deadlines are fast approaching.