Best Countries to Study Public Health
Although public health is a broad notion, it is partially correct to believe that it is all about the absence of sickness or infirmity. “The science and a method of preventing disease, enhancing human health via collective efforts, and creating public health awareness in societies, organizations, communities, and individuals” is how public health is described. It takes a collaborative effort from a variety of public health workers and experts, including medical assistants, health officers, economists, sociologists, biostatisticians, public health nurses, midwives, data managers, physicians, and others. Here are the best countries to study Public Health!
Things to Remember
Here are a few things to think about before applying to any institution or college:
- Exams and Requirements: Most international colleges and universities need students to take entrance exams such as the GRE, GMAT, IELTS and TOEFL.
- Tuition and Living Expenses: Living abroad is not cheap, especially as a student; many nations and colleges provide international students scholarships and work permits.
- Research: Conduct a rigorous study on any college’s programme, ranking, alumni, and future prospects before applying.
- Language Barriers: If you plan to study in a country that does not speak English, it is best to learn the native language or at least a few words in that country’s native language.
- Career Prospects: If you intend to work in your home country after studying abroad, you should first determine whether your degree is adequate.
World’s Top 10 Universities for Public Health
Many public health programmes are being implemented around the world, in both developed and developing countries. The World Trade Organization (WTO) is the international organization that coordinates and controls acts on global public health issues, thus there is a lot of room for public health careers all over the world. Let’s look at the top 10 institutions for Public Health around the world before we learn about the best country to study Public Health!
|Johns Hopkins University||USA|
|London School Hygiene and Tropical Medicine||UK|
|University of Washington||USA|
|University College London||UK|
|Imperial College London||UK|
|University of California, Berkeley||USA|
|University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill||USA|
Some of the world’s most prestigious universities and institutions are located in the United States. The United States offers some of the greatest business schools, medical schools, and engineering schools in the world, with over 150 universities listed in international rankings. Academic flexibility and methods to tailor your study experience with optional programmes and extracurricular activities are well-known features of American universities and colleges. It is one of the top choices for students who wish to study abroad and is Best Countries to Study Public Health.
The following are some of the important elements that attract overseas students to pursue a master’s degree in public health in the United States:
- Students can earn an average annual salary of 45500 to 53800 USD after completing their post-graduate studies in public health.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics in the United States, this sector’s growth rate will climb by 5% to 25% by 2024.
- Medical universities in the United States provide the best educational opportunities for students. As a result, the United States becomes the primary draw for readers throughout time.
- The academic standards in the United States have been steadily rising. As a result, both domestic and international students have the chance to pursue a rewarding career.
- Scholars can choose from 2000 different MS programmes in public health to get their preferred MS degree.
- Harvard University
- University of Chicago
- University of Pennsylvania
- Yale University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- University of California, Berkeley
You may be interested in: Masters in Public Health USA
Universities in the United Kingdom are among the best in the world, and for good reason. British universities, which are routinely featured in worldwide rankings, conduct some of the world’s most highly respected research. You will be able to flourish in a very multicultural atmosphere while studying in the UK, with great potential of pursuing rewarding professions following graduation. Public health is a branch of the healthcare sector that is concerned with the general well-being of the public. The following are some of the reasons why you should pursue a master’s degree in public health in the United Kingdom:
- According to the QS News World Rankings for 2022, three of the UK’s master’s in public health programmes are among the top ten.
- With an average yearly pay of 30,000 GBP, public health personnel in the United Kingdom are the third-highest paid in the world.
- Senior managers in the public health sector earn the most money, on average 56,000 GBP a year.
- In the United Kingdom, the course can be completed in a year. Master’s degrees in public health, whether in Canada or elsewhere, typically take two years to complete.
- University of Cambridge
- University College London
- Imperial College of London
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- Queen Mary University of London
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Check out this blog: Masters in Public Health in UK
Due to its strong attention to the quality of its universities and its emphasis on luring international students who can later immigrate, Canada is one of the most popular study destinations in the world. Canadians are extremely friendly to overseas students, and they go to great lengths to ensure that they are safe, treated fairly, and have a good time while in the country. Study in one of the world’s most powerful economies while enjoying a high standard of living and a flexible learning environment. It is one of the Best Countries to Study Public Health.
Why study Public Health here:
- A total of 12 top Canadian colleges offer a Masters in Public Health programme, with tuition ranging from $5,606 to $47,000 for a one-year programme.
- A postgraduate in Public Health in Canada earn an average of 32 USD per hour, which is more than the national average. According to Indeed Canada, there is a high demand for medical professionals with a Masters in Public Health degree in Canada, with more than 10,752 job openings (job portal).
- Once professionals begin working in their field of specialization, job growth of more than 50% is projected.
- Masters in Public Health postgraduates in Canadian organizations have similar employment security and stability as government employees.
- In Canada, master’s degrees in public health are available in more than seven major disciplines, including epidemiology, gerontology, food safety, global health, and others.
- University of Victoria
- University of Alberta
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Guelph
- Brock University
- Saskatchewan University
Read about Masters in Public Health in Canada!
Studying in New Zealand is a fantastic option. The little island nation is one of the safest places on the planet, with an education system modelled after the successful UK system. Local colleges are ranked among the best in the world, and tuition fees are relatively low when compared to those in the United States. International exams validate the quality of education, revealing that New Zealand students rank in the top ten in the world in terms of academic achievement.
Why study Public Health here:
- Since New Zealand was deemed COVID-free, it has become a new source of interest for overseas students.
- New Zealand’s healthcare system is now regarded as one of the greatest in the world, therefore overseas students studying a master’s in public health in New Zealand will undoubtedly benefit from world-class facilities.
- In 2021, the yearly pay increase in the healthcare sector in New Zealand will be roughly 8%.
- The majority of public health graduates in New Zealand find jobs in the public sector, where they earn 5% more than graduates in the private sector.
- In New Zealand, the average wage in the health industry is 39 per cent more than in other occupations.
- University of Auckland
- University of Otago
- Auckland University of Technology
- Massey University
- Victoria University of Wellington
Click here to read about the Masters in Public Health in New Zealand!
You will benefit from the fantastic student atmosphere both inside and beyond the classroom if you study in Australia. You will get the opportunity to visit some of the world’s greatest business and engineering schools as well as tour a highly developed country that keeps its wild side with its warm temperature, stunning beaches, and the Great Outback, which contains over 500 national parks. Internships and work placements are available at many Australian universities, preparing students for the job market early on.
The following are some of the major reasons why you should pursue a Master of Public Health in Australia:
- The top ten Australian universities are among the top 150 universities in the world that offer master’s degrees in public health.
- In Australia, the healthcare and medical industries grew at one of the quickest rates, with job opportunities increasing by 11.1 per cent.
- Graduates joining the health business can expect to earn around 127,000 Australian dollars (around 70 lakhs Indian rupees) per year on average.
- University of Melbourne
- University of Queensland
- University of Sydney
- Monash University
- University of New South Wales
- University Western Australia
- Queensland University of Technology
Check out: Masters in Public Health in Australia
In terms of quality of life, peace, safety, and progress, Ireland is among the Best Countries to Study Public Health. International students also benefit from the full support of Irish universities, which hire and train professionals to assist with housing, studies, visa requirements, and any other issues that may arise. Why study Public Health in Ireland:
- According to the QS Ranking of 2021, four Irish universities that offer master’s degrees in public health are among the top 500 universities in the world.
- Ireland is ranked 12th in the Global Peace Index 2021, far ahead of the United Kingdom, the United States, and Australia.
- In contrast to Germany, where the majority of the programmes are taught in German, all of the courses are taught in English.
- You can stay in Ireland for two more years after completing a Masters in Public Health to get professional experience.
- Medical and health workers in Ireland receive a ten per cent raise every 15 months.
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Dublin
- National University of Ireland
- University College Cork
- Maynooth University
What is a career in Public Health?
Public health encompasses a wide range of subjects and supports careers in science, medicine, research, and government. Jobs in public health are ideal for healthcare professionals who are interested in subjects other than clinical medicine, such as anthropology, statistics, or epidemiology.
What types of jobs are in Public Health?
Public health adviser.
Public health nurse.
Environmental health scientist.
Here was all the information about the Best Countries to Study Public Health. If you need any assistance with the application process of applying to your dream university abroad, you must contact the experts at Leverage Edu today!